Thursday, October 02, 2008

Not Quite "Whistle While You Work..."

I ask...

I beg...

I plead...

They whine...

They moan....

They groan...

They bicker...

They fight...

They cry their cute little eyes out.

It still doesn't get done and I say:

"You won't get dinner unless it's finished!!"

"You don't WANT to know what I'll do if you don't complete this task!!!"

"I've had it!!!!!"

"Wait until Dad gets home!!!!!!"

"Stay in there until it's done!"

So, today Madison DID stay in the room she was supposed to clean. But instead of getting it done? Well... See for yourself:


Yes my friends... While other tasks were being done around the house, Madison enjoyed a nice nap in the play room.

I want a nap.

I want someone to tell ME to stay in my room until it's "done".

I assure you I'd do just about the same thing Madison did. That girl has the right idea. (She'll be hating life tomorrow when she is told a million times to "get it done this time, or ELSE!" )

What a life!

*disclaimer:
That room was SPOTLESS a few days ago. And contrary to popular belief, I DID get rid of a HUGE load of toys that are no longer used. It looks mighty overwhelming, but honestly? The toys she's SLEEPING ON are the ones that had been out and played with days before. Whomever "helped" with cleaning the tv room just THREW all the toys in the middle of the floor vs. putting them away. (Not naming any names here!!!) The job really would have taken me about 3 minutes to do... but it was WAY more fun yelling and pleading all day long for it NOT to get finished. I mean... like... WAY MORE FUN. Just think of the "fun" I'll have tomorrow! Hooray!!!

7 comments:

Lena said...

I am SO glad I am not the only one. I actually DID give 2 of the kids peanut butter sandwiches for dinner the other night. I hate feeling like a grouch too but if I just do it- what in the world am I teaching them? I love that picture- I'm so glad you took it. You probably couldn't help but smile when you saw that, lol. Those are really cool bins- where did you find them?

Heidi said...

Found the bins a couple years ago at Home Depot. I've had a few people ask me about them, but haven't seen any more until last week, again at Home Depot. :)

Love them... worth every penny!

Aaron said...

You're not alone sister.....

I feel your pain.

The difference between men an women are this, you thought it 'cute' that she was sleeping, went and got the camera, took a picture and blogged about it.

I just open the door and yell for them to wake up and get back to it.

....I'm a jerk

Nicole said...

Now I completely understand the look in your eyes last night. I probably would do what Aaron said and get even more mad!

Erin said...

What a mean mom you are! I'm the same way, though. "But moooooommmm, I can't fold all my clothes by myself....." "Well, I have to clean the whole house by myself, would you rather trade?"

He usually shuts up and does it.

Aaron said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!!!!!

Go to my blog to see what that means.

-Aaron

Emily said...

That is so funny! I'm just glad I'm not the only Mom to use those same threats over, and over, and over again!