Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Minty Freshness!

After a neighbor comes over this morning to learn how to make bread...

After babysitting another neighbors little boy for a few hours...

After Madison is taken to preschool...

And Reagan has successfully gone down for a nap...

I'll be diving in to THIS:

A beautiful, large bag of mint for mint jelly

A huge box of apples for more applesauce

And

A box of peaches. Turning these into Jam.


Not to mention the box of acorn squash sitting behind it all. Haven't decided how to preserve those yet.

All this will (hopefully) be done before:

Jordan's soccer practice

Homework

and Taylor off to Cub Scouts.

What a fabulous, busy day!

mmmmm.... I wish you could smell the Minty Freshness in my house! And holy cow... I'm loving this photo with the CHICKEN FEATHER in the middle of my mint!

5 comments:

Lena said...

Wow- Tuesdays are killer aren't they? I suppose you will be glad you did all the canning though!

Anonymous said...

Wow! We have mint 'weed' growing in our yard every now and then, and it smells so good! I didn't know you could make JELLY out of it?? You'll totally have to post those recipes. :) You are gonna be ONE.BUSY.WOMAN. Oh, and wish I lived closer- I would love to have you teach me your method on how to make bread by hand. :)

Richelle Gailey said...

Heidi...you put the rest of us to shame. Are you really for real? You are just too good to be true. Lucky, lucky Brian for having such a fabulous wife!!!

Emily said...

I am always totally exhausted after reading your posts! How in the world do you do it? Although I have to admit, I have never tried. But I do know it wouldn't last longer than 10 minutes! Good for you!

Shawna Wilson said...

I MUST have some of your peach jam!! Seriously, we had some at my mother-in-laws and I think if it wasn't Sunday dinner with everyone around I would have just taken a spoon and make that jar my new best friend! Also, thanks for making such a great effort in my search for the ugly McDonald's dolls. You're one of my gems and that rewards you with a couple of little boy haircuts.