Friday, October 24, 2008

Farewell, Meg


Our Meggie has gone to doggy heaven.

The poor thing was suffering so much over the past month or so. She had gone blind and was having a hard time walking up the stairs. So sad!

Meg had such a hard time moving here 6 years ago. Her "sister", Roo, had passed away just a few months before, Jordan was born and then we moved to a new place. I think we stressed her out BIG TIME.

But she was still such a fun part of the family. She was so devoted - you would pull in the driveway and she would cry and cry and CRY until you came over to see her in the backyard. She couldn't stand being in one place and you in another. She had a fondness for leftovers and I think she hardly ate dog food because everyone was willing to share the last little bit from their plate.

We'll miss you Meg-burt! Have fun chasing birds and knocking over the garbage can in heaven!

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry for your doggy loss :( ((hugs))

Aaron said...

I hate it when dogs die. I always wanted a dog growing up, never got one. Now that I am a parent I don't want something else to take care of. (7 kids is like have a bunch of dogs.... no?)

Just remember in your time of loss.....nobody cries when a cat dies.

Becky, yep said...

Oh MEG!!!
I KNOW that all dogs go to Heaven and I'm glad she had Roo and Sprout to greet her!
Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. :( I feel your pain. I get so attached to our pets, it's like a huge part of my heart gets ripped out each time one dies. At least we know that they are in a much happier place. :)