Sunday, October 28, 2007

Visit the additional "blog"!

New blog dedicated to our gluten free recipes/findings.

That's Gluten Free?

Thought I'd give you all the *option* of reading instead of FORCING it on you here. :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2007


We think that Taylor might have Celiac Disease. For all the terribly boring details, you can go HERE to find out more about it.

We put him on a gluten free diet on Saturday, and he's been doing FANTASTIC on it. (Honestly, I was hoping that it wouldn't make a bit of difference, but he's feeling so much better...)

We're doing an allergy test on Friday, and blood work in a few weeks. I'm going to say it's about 85% chance he has it. The other 15% chance is just his mom not WANTING him to have it. ;)

Lots of changes going on - You can't believe the labels you have to read to make sure nothing contains gluten!!!

Updates later!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Just another day

Today it was a little cold out, but the kids wanted to play outside anyway. Reagan looked pretty darn cute with her "hood" on!

Jordan spent time riding his bike and has decided his frustrated that it doesn't have a kick stand. He asked if we could go to the store and BUY one. I told him that I was sorry, but I had no idea how to choose a kick stand for his kind of bike, that we should wait for Dad. His reply was: "Mom! I'm a genius! Let's just go to w-w-w dot kick stand dot com!" What a kid!

Taylor had piano lessons tonight and his teacher called to say that he's learning so quickly she gave him more stuff this week because he's just flying through stuff. He LOVES the piano. I'm so glad he does. I think it felt like more of a punishment for me when *I* was taking lessons.

Madison has a birthday party to attend tomorrow. It was fun shopping for a boy with her. She had an idea in mind... wanted to get him a truck.. but when she saw the barbie dolls, thought he'd like that instead. We settled for some safari animals. ;)

And finally, Brian had the fantastic idea to go feed the ducks our stale bread before dinner. (We were waiting for our scone dough to rise...) There were 3 ducks out on the pond we went to, and they wouldn't come over and eat. We had a good time as a family anyway. Here's the photo montage for anyone who wants to see. :)

Autumn Time
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Down on the Farm

For Family Night on Monday we went to the Animal Farm. We had a great time!

Right as we got there, they were getting ready to milk a cow. Jordan and Madison decided to participate. Now whenever we ask Madison what she did on the farm, she says "I squished a cow"!

Jordan, Madison and Reagan decided to take a pony ride. I was afraid that Reagan was going to want to take her horse home...

We all went on the hay ride - they have a new horse pulling the wagon named Annie Oakley. The kids didn't know who Annie Oakley was, so we'll have a fun lesson about her sometime soon.

They have a "craft" every Monday night in the barn, and the kids totally enjoyed that.

Reagan got nibbled on by a horse and she thought it was funny.

It was just nice to go an hang out together!

Check out the "smilebox" creation for more photos of our visit. (This one you have to actually click on the arrow to move to the next page, and click on the smaller photos to view them larger.)

Down on the Farm
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Birthday Party!

It was Reagan's Birthday Party on Friday!

Birthday Bash!
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

We can't believe it's been a year! Life without her would be so DULL!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Reagan's Invite

Reagan's Birthday Invite
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

Monday, October 01, 2007

Ideas of accomplishment

Sometimes, my idea of "accomplishment" for the day would be just the simple act of taking a shower.


Not so "accomplished". (So sorry to those close around me...)

But the sticky kitchen floor IS mopped and the garbage has been moved out to the street.

We're shooting for accomplishment tomorrow. (Wish me luck!)