Monday, September 24, 2007

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled PURPLE Peppers

It's been a bit stormy the past few days. This morning we could see the "first snow" on the mountains.

Goodness it's beautiful! But the thought of moving into winter is just icky to me!

Saturday we received a call from Brian's uncle. He wanted to know if we could use any tomatoes from his garden. I was so happy to accept! They brought them over - 4 bags worth - and I was able to can TWENTY SEVEN quarts that night! (HUGE thanks Richard and Carrie!!!) 27 quarts! Isn't that fantastic?!?!?


They also brought over some BEAUTIFUL purple peppers! Isn't the color just lovely? I just had to take a photo of them...


We'll be eating stuffed peppers tomorrow night!

Also this weekend, Jordan decided to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels! He's doing AWESOME!


He'll soon be biking all over the neighborhood with Taylor, I'm sure!

And last of all... I started snapping some beans yesterday and put them up today. 38 pints of green beans for my storage.


We've been busy!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Those peppers do look lovely and so do those tomatoes! I've been enjoying canning as well. I haven't done green beans before, I but would like to. You household has been busy!

Anonymous said...

.....show off.....lol