Friday, September 28, 2007

Daddy "dress" up

I found this pattern a few months ago. I shared it with my SIL, but didn't have time to sit down and make it. When she made one for her daughter (seen on her blog) I had to get my rear in gear and make one for Madison!







You take an "old" shirt that Dad doesn't wear anymore, and turn it into a dress for a little girl.

The back yolk of the old shirt becomes the bodice front on the dress.

And the button down front becomes the button up back of it.





The one I made tonight was just an easy, no frills one. I just wanted to make sure I could figure out how to do it. Next time I'll add a few more embellishments.

I'm embarrassed that I don't know who I got the link from originally. Whoever it was, THANK YOU! They're just DARLING!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turned out ADORABLE! Good job! It's so easy, isn't it!! I think the hardest part is seam-ripping the pocket off. =)

frugalmom said...

Some of my friends made those this summer. So cute!

Brandi said...

Oh, it's so cute! I love that idea. I'll have to try that pattern.

Da Redhead said...

Thank you so much for posting! Who'd have thought that men's shirt would be such a cute dress? I can't wait till it warms up here, to try a couple for my niece :-D