Friday, February 08, 2008

Who is it now?!?!?!

This morning Madison woke up complaining that her leg hurt. I didn't think much of it as she fell down the stairs last night before bed - and she was walking on it just fine.

A few moments later, she was complaining that her arm hurt. And that she wanted juice. And a candy bar. And the t.v. on. And not "this" show, a different one!

I just figured she was grumpy.

A few minutes later she says "I think you need to come here for a minute".

She had PUKED all over my couch!!!

She has a fever, and only what I can guess to be the flu. Where she picked it up from I don't know.

Between her requests today, Reagan being grumpy, and trying ever so hard to clean up after spending days on useless projects that I wanted badly to do, things have turned hectic.

So as Madison is leaning over a bowl to vomit and Reagan has just taken off her diaper AGAIN... MY DOORBELL RINGS.

OH NO! Who could it be? And who is now going to see my filthy living room when I open the door?

I grab a blanket to throw around a naked Reagan, and quickly tie Madison's hair back so she doesn't puke all over it. The dog is let outside so she doesn't bark her head off at the visitor, and I dash to the door taking deep breaths. I'm totally stressed out!!!

I open the door and see this:





My cute little Jordan, home from school in a penguin mask. He rang the doorbell and waited for me to let a cold little penguin in the house from a short day at school.

Thanks for putting a smile on Mom's face, Jordan! I needed it today!

I love that little guy...

6 comments:

frugalmom said...

How sweet! Bet you're glad it wasn't a vacuum salesman or something worse!

Becky, yep said...

I love that! He is such a cute little stinker!

Anonymous said...

Awww! What a nice surprise.

QueenMeadow said...

Aww, so sweet!!

Let's hope its a 24 hour bug and that's it ;).

Wendi said...

Thank heavens for comic relief, eh? Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Lena said...

lol, what a relief! What a cute sense of humor. You know he was thinking about that the whole way home! How's your girl today?