Monday, February 25, 2008

The Birthday Mission continues!

Since Madison's Birthday and "friend" birthday party are this coming Wednesday, I've had a lot to do.

Most everything really needed to be done by this evening because Tuesday is dance and also Taylors Blue and Gold Banquet for scouts. Wednesday morning, I'm co-oping at Madison school, so I don't have much time between that and rushing home to start a party!

So here's what I finished today for the "flowers and bugs" birthday bash:

First up: Treat bags for preschool and dance class. Just some thrown together stuff including candy, stencils and a pencil. Nothing fancy, but a bit time consuming getting all 35 of them put together.





Since it's a bug party too, I needed to find some bugs. So these happy little creatures will grace the table - and afterwards, there are enough for each guest to take one home.



Treat take home bags for the boys all decorated:





And for the girls too:





We're have a beanbag toss into flower pots as our little game, so I made 22 beanbags this evening. They can take one of each home in their treat bag:




Here they are all pretty in a row!




I was going to have the boys wear "bug" ears and the girls a flower headband... but I decided to make everyone a "bug". Madison is way excited. You'll just have to trust me that they look better ON than they do bunched up in the photo.



And one more "take home" for the kiddies: Aren't they the happiest flowers you've ever seen?


Everything seems to be underway! It should all pull together for Wednesday afternoon! (I hope!)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Tomorrow is Eason's birthday, too. However, I haven't had any time to do much because of the aprons! So, we are taking him to Fatcat's for pizza and bowling. I guess I'll have to be shamed by your craftiness this year! It all looks sooooo darling!

Lena said...

Wow! You are the birthday queen! Wat a lot of work that must have been. I hope you get pictures!

Becky, yep said...

That is a cute party theme! hope she is having a great day today!

Catey said...

Seriously woman...you are out of control! : ) Next time my kids talk me into a friend party, I'll just hire you! Happy 4th to little Miss water baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!! I bow to her royal highness of Birthday stuff. SHEESH woman!! I hope my kids never see this post...lol