Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Problems still with weight gain

Not with MY weight gain, I'm doing just great in that departmant (unfortunatly... :P ) but Reagan's.


We struggled with her weight in the very begining... she was born 8 lbs 3 oz and in a short 2 week period lost 13% of her body weight and ended up at 7 lbs 2 oz. I started pumping and supplementing breastmilk through a supplemental nursing system (no bottles!) and in a week she was up to 7 lbs 12 oz. That was her last weigh in 1 month ago.


I had to take Madison in to the dr yesterday because it looked as if she had pink eye. While we were there, I had them weigh Reagan just for curiosity sake. 7 lbs 14 oz. She's gained 2 oz in 1 months time.


So, our dr is being "cautious but not overly concerned" at this point. We're back to pumping/supplementing which takes ALOT of time out of my day... but she's worth it. Early this morning with the pumping/supplementing it took us a good 2.5 hours to get fed.


I'm exhaused. My only job right now is to be a milk factory.


We have another appointment on the 5th of December to find out where she's at. They're giving me plenty of time to try and up her weight.


My 7 week old is so tiny!!! I usually have *butterball babies*... this little baby thing is so new to me!


Here's a few pictures of Reagan and family from her blessing on Sunday.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I absolutely love Reagan's 'grumpy' look :-)

Katie said...

How did you do the pictures so that they're small, but full-size when you click on them? woolhatkatie @ gmail.com