Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St Patricks Day 2009!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

The kids have really taken to this holiday. A few years ago we started making "Leprechaun Traps" to see if we could catch the sneaky little fellers. Yesterday after school they reminded me about St. Patty's Day and asked when they were going to make their leprechaun traps.

Since St. Patrick's Day came early this year, (hey... it did for me okay? We just got BIRTHDAY'S over with... I thought I had more of a break before St. Patty's and our Anniversary...) we had to scramble. And when I say "we", I mean Brian. He figured out boxes to make the traps while I played on the computer.

They set out their traps and this morning caught some lovely green to wear to school and some yummy gold candy that I'm desperately trying to stay away from. The sneaky Leprechauns always hide the traps, so it's a bit of a hunt in the morning to find them.



The kids enjoyed a bit of green egg breakfast. Well, they all did except Reagan who said: "Mom? I need *lellow* eggs, not green eggs. YUCK." She would not eat them.


Our little Leprechauns this year -
Taylor
Jordan
Madison
Reagan
All sporting their green and looking forward to more fun tonight!


Grandma and Grandpa are coming over this evening for "Leprechaun Meat". (We call it that now. It's tradition ever since Taylor asked years ago, while we were eating corn beef and cabbage: "Mom, is this REAL Leprechaun meat?")

Yup. Leprechaun meat. Caught our dinner myself in one of the traps. *winks*

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone! :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. You went all out! I had hopes to make a special breakfast this morning, but I'm down with the flu and HORRIBLE sore throat. You're my hero!

Kellie said...

well now I know where mom and dad will be tonight! You have some of the cutest "green things" around!

Emily said...

Very cute and creative! I was able to pull off green pancakes and milk...

Jamie said...

You win supermom of the year! :)

tiburon said...

You guys do it up right!