Monday, November 17, 2008

Totally Random

Found a few pictures on the camera that I wanted to remember.

First up is Jordan. I was taking some pictures of the snow outside and he opened the window to say "hi". Jordan is every one's buddy... you can't get very far away without him tracking you down.


Next up we have the ever fashionable Reagan who has taken to dressing herself in the morning. Reagan is sporting her purple leggings, her sisters pink shirt, a lovely multi-colored headband and, as a fashion statement, her high heel red shoes. (Thank goodness we were staying at home this day because she would have insisted on wearing this in public.)


Finally we have Jordans lunch. I work really hard to make lunches that I know the boys will eat. The junk they serve at school scares me. The reason I took a picture of lunch this day was to get opinions from everyone who might read this. You see... Jordan thinks I'm the worst mom on the planet. He thinks that I should pack Taylors lunch (since Taylor likes my lunches...) and let him eat school lunch.


I've explained that school lunch is unhealthy and expensive. He still thinks I'm a big old meanie-head for making him eat such things around his friends. He eats almost all of what I pack everyday... but maybe there is this stigma attached to non school lunches in the first grade.

So, let's vote people! Am I mean for making the kids eat this???

8 comments:

Erin said...

How horrible!!! Actually, my son begs me to let him take his lunch because he doesn't want to have to hurry up and eat and not talk to his friends! I make him get school lunch because I HATE making lunches, and I know he won't eat what I send with him, anyway! I don't think you can ever win as a parent!

QueenMeadow said...

Yes, you are very very mean. You should send that lunch with me :)

I would take Reagan out in public, she's cute in whatever she wears ;)

Hi Jordan, hehe.

Anonymous said...

You are a cotton-headed ninny-muggins for serving that!

(BTW.. name that movie)

Heidi said...

Ummm... ELF, duh!

It's like the only Christmas movie I allow year round... I love Elf...

Cara and Gerriss said...

That looks so yummy! Can you come pack my lunch too?!?! :)

I also love ELF year round!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are mean at all! You said your school lunch is expensive...how much is it? I feel guilty for not packing Emma a lunch, but our school lunch in soooo cheap. I can't pack her a lunch for what I pay for school lunch. But, I know what I gave her would be healthier. Sigh.....

tiburon said...

Dang that is a lot of food!

My kids do about half and half. I let them indulge on school pizza day - and they bag it too.
I don't think you are mean. :)

Eric and Cindy said...

What is it?