Thursday, September 18, 2008

On the Side

Shhhhhh.... whisper. If this information is overheard, a disaster might happen.

You see... Reagan has slept ALL NIGHT in her OWN BED for the past three nights now. This is HUGE. She's slept in there, alone, a total of like... oh... twice before this? And now 3 nights in a row?!?! (ohhhh... I must stop shouting... My excitement gets away from me...)

So at about 11:00 PM, Miss Madison comes walking into our room.

Madison: "Mom, I LIKE sleeping on the side of my bed."

Me: "What?!"

Madison: "I just like sleeping on the SIDE of my bed."

Me: ???!?? huh????

Brian: "I told Madison to scoot over to the middle of her bed so she doesn't fall off"

Madison: "And I just don't like sleeping in the middle of my bed I like to sleep on the sides."

Me: "Okay... go back to bed and sleep on the side"

Madison: "And my bed is really really un-comfy."

Half and hour later we hear the pitter patter of little feet.

Me: "Madison, what are you doing up?"

Madison: "Can I just sleep with you?"

Brian: Moan, groan, ugh!!!

Me: "Yep, go get your pillow"

I realize that we just got the "baby" out of our bed - but how can you say no?


Oh, and she slept comfortably, all night in the middle. I guess the middle is fine in mom and dad's bed, but the sides are better on her uncomfortable one. And hey... lets look on the bright side here: At least it was just ONE kid in bed with us... if it were to have happened last week, there would have been TWO in there!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Too funny! That is our typical routine with Brynn at least twice a week! We shower her with praise and fruit snacks (or whatever the heck she wants) the nights that she stays in her "un-comfy" bed!

Lena said...

Ah, well- maybe you'll miss it one day. I sure don't yet!

Erin said...

We used to try to bribe Eason to sleep with us! I know, but I would hear about everyone else's kids crawling into bed with them, and it sounded fun. However, he did it once, grudgingly, and has never done it since. That's ok- the one time with a night of feet in the face, & kicks in the side cured me of the desire!