Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Birthday....

to ME!

I had a GREAT Birthday! On Saturday, Brian and I headed to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point and rented Segways. SO FUN! (expensive, but fun...)

There was a bit of a learning curve, but it didn't take long before we were off to see all of the Gardens. We were so sad when our hour was up!

Bad photos to follow, but neither one of us thought to bring a "real" camera... so all were taken on Brian's cell phone.











Before we headed to ride the segways, we ate at The Wing Coop. YUM. We actually were going to go to a nicer place for dinner, but we were STARVING, and wings just sounded good. ;) We stopped off for shakes afterward.

Fun date! We'll *totally* go again!

5 comments:

Becky, yep said...

WOW!! That looks like so much fun! My mom has wanted a segway for ever!
Happy Birthday!!!

tiburon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! I have never ridden one of those - is it hard?

Heidi said...

Tib, I was totally nervous about learning how to ride one... but it only took a few minutes of "training" and then a few more just playing with it, and we were OFF! It was so much fun, and we're totally going to do it for our next "date night". :)

I'm not one for trying new things like that... I stressed about it for most of the day and decided just to do it. I'm so glad I did! :)

Lena said...

Oh Happy Birthday!!! That looks like fun!

Mel said...

Happy late birthday! Sorry, I'm so behind on all my bloggin'. Looks like a fun day. I've wanted to try those forever.