Monday, February 19, 2007

A letter to my hubby.

Dear Husband:

You're baked treats are mighty tasty. Award winning probably.

The raisin bread is delightful. Your raspberry cream cheese cake thing is to die for. Not to mention the sugar cookie dough. But now you throw carrot cake into the culinary mix?

I'm going to be honest here: I never really liked carrot cake all that much. It *used* to be one of the few things I could pass by. I don't know if it's the toasted pecans you put in yours, or the to die for cream cheese frosting you make... but I can't keep my chubby little paws out of it.

And that's the problem. (Emphasis on "chubby" little paws).

I mean, you KNOW that your cake is good with the *almost* three year old sneaks down in the middle of the night to lick all the frosting off of it. But, I'm trying so hard to not be a fat blob, and your stinkin' little baked goods are NOT helping.

Besides. Most people don't even remember that you're diabetic. I mean, what sort of diabetic bakes this way???

Don't you want to try cooking vegetables in a way that they don't need to be put into a cake?

Do you know any recipes that don't call for pounds of butter? Or cream cheese???

Do you even know what "wheat flour" is?

I'm tired of this jiggly stuff on my person, but my taste buds simply cannot be deprived of your superb baking results.

Help me.

Love, The woman who doesn't look much like the one your married years ago...

P.S. Looking forward to your nummy homemade pizzas tonight. Maybe I'll go purchase some veggies so that it's not ONLY topped with Italian sausage, cheese and pepperoni...

AGGGHHHHH!!!!

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I think its good that I'm not your neighbor ;)

yum yum yum!

Life ticks on said...

gotta agree. and why do men do that to us. My hubby is the same way!! Anyways carrot cake is my favorite and NOW you have me CRAVING IT! Good thing the bakery is now closed!

Anonymous said...

If you are going to write about this decadent dessert, I think you should post the recipe for said carrot cake... and frosting. lol