Friday, October 31, 2008

A Grateful Heart


I don't know how to properly express my gratefulness to someone today. But I AM grateful and overwhelmed at the kindness of others.

Along with the 5 political campaign mailers in my mailbox yesterday was a small thank you card addressed to my family. Inside the note: $100 and the words "Thank you for being such a good example".

So, to the person(s) who sent this note: THANK YOU. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! I don't think you'll ever fully understand what this means to our family. Brian and I looked at each other and had no words as our eyes filled with tears. We feel so blessed and thank YOU for YOUR example - times are tough for everyone and $100 is a sacrifice, not pocket change! We were able to breathe a small sigh of relief last night.

Thank you. No... really.... THANK YOU.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Good for you.

I love it when that happens.....not that it has to us, but I WOULD love it if that happens.

Laura said...

You deserved that- you and your family are great examples to everyone :)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

How awesome is that???

Lisa said...

no one deserves that more than you!! I am amazed at all you do for other people! You seem to accomplish more in one day than me in a week! XOXO

Anonymous said...

That is really neat! We've had that happen a couple of times in our marriage, and it sends a shock of humility, doesn't it? Just to know someone cares about you and loves you enough to do that....gives you an extra boost! Good for you! :)

tiburon said...

Wowsa! That is awesome!