Sunday, October 26, 2008

Date Night

I had a special date with a special guy last night:

My JORDAN!!!

Jordan's teacher is part of the Murray Symphony. He asked me a week ago if we could go.

For some reason, I wasn't thinking that just he and I could go... I was thinking that Brian and I should take him, but I knew I wouldn't have a babysitter. (My parents were going out for their anniversary... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!... and Reagan just doesn't do well with anyone else... not that we try that much, but still...)

Yesterday morning at the breakfast table Jordan tells me: "I had a dream last night that we went to that concert. You and dad just found someone from Dad's work to watch Reagan so we could go."

Brian volunteered right away to stay home with the rest of the family, and Jordan waited all day for 7:30 to roll around.

The members of the symphony dressed up in Halloween costumes and the audience was encouraged to do the same. The director was fun and it is really nice to go somewhere that the ENCOURAGE children to be there. It's sometimes hard to introduce children to classical music because of the "sit still" factor. The fact that they WANT children to be exposed and don't mind the outbursts is fantastic!

Jordan was delighted to see both Maggie and Zoe from school there, and his teacher came to talk to them. (She's a GEM! She has been so wonderful for Jordan!) She showed them her violin and told them how happy she was knowing there were people in the audience just for her.

Jordan and I settled down next to Maggie and her mom for the first half of the concert. He opened his program and found Mrs. Blackburn's name. "Joan Blackburn" Jordan says. "That's my teacher because her REAL name is Joan, but we just call her Mrs. Blackburn."

Thanks for a fun "date" Jordy! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Symphony with me! "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" was by far the best! :)

3 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I need to do more one on one "dates" with my kids. Sounds like you two had a blast!

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what you look like! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you. :) What a cutie you (and your Jordan) are!

Emily said...

What a good mommy! Talented one too... very talented!