Saturday, August 30, 2008

Free Range

Oh, I love the chickens. I love to let them "free range" around my yard all day.

Look how happy and free our Chicken, (named "Turken") is! She's running around, all happy not to be caged up!




The problem is: It's not MY yard she's running around in. She's at the neighbors:

Such a naughty, naughty chicken! I'm quite sure the neighbors aren't happy about rogue chickens running around their backyard!!!

Taylor is back at school and he's the one I normally send over to retrieve Turken. What do I do?!?! So I throw some strawberries, grapes and cherry tomatoes around our side of the fence, hoping to get Turken to come back over to our yard. Peer pressure you know... let her see all the other chickens having a nice time and a good feast over in OUR yard.



It works! She's happy to munch on some cherry tomatoes on the correct side of the fence!


The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, (LITERALLY! LOL)!! But because of her bad actions, she lands herself in solitary.


And she lets me know she's not happy about it.

Too bad little chicken! You do the crime, you serve the time!!!


She has ONE MORE CHANCE before she heads over to my parents coop.

Love my chickens!!! They're just like my children... so entertaining yet so STRESSFUL!

:)

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Oh man, Turken is hilarious. You outsmarted her though ;)

Erin said...

What is WRONG with that chicken? It has no feathers on it's neck! What a great name, though!

Heidi said...

LOL Erin!

"Turken" is actually a breed of chicken called a "Turken". Turken's do not have feathers on their neck... they're supposed to LOOK like "turkeys", but be "chickens".

Turken now lives at my parents house. She flew over the fence one too many times...

tiburon said...

For some reason the solitary turken has me crackin up!