Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The summer is almost over...

I've been MIA. I'm trying to soak up every moment of the summer with my kids instead of being glued to the computer.

Taylor and Jordan start school in just under 2 weeks now. I can't believe it! Where did our summer go??? We've had so much fun, but I haven't been able to do everything I had hoped to.

They're excited for school. Madison is anxious for preschool to start as well - I haven't received a letter telling me when that starts though.


We went to our neighborhood camp out last weekend and the kids loved it. They had so much fun, I'm packing them up next week to go to my parents Ward camp out. It's for 2 nights instead of 1, and the kids are THRILLED. I'm excited too. It's my "vacation" this year. (I figured out a few weeks ago that it will be 3 years in October since I've gone ANYWHERE overnight. I think I'm a little deserving of a 2 night camping trip... even if it'll be more work than vacation! *winks*)

Photos of last weekends camp can be seen HERE

Got to go finish out summer vacation with the kids! I'll be back to blogging full force once school starts, I'm sure! :)

2 comments:

Lena said...

Oh I know what you mean! I don't have the deadline but I still feel like summer is going so fast! You lucky girl getting some time off for good behavior. The only time off I've gotten was to have a baby or go to my nephew's funeral. That was not a vacation and Joseph came anyway. I think it's about time we got away too.

Jackie said...

Hey thanks for all of the great ideas. They all sounded really easy.