Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Note to self when making Jell-O Jigglers...

Use "cooking spray" on the molds.

I thought I was being so creative making puzzle shape Jello for the boys lunch. It turned into more of a disaster getting them out of the molds...



But the lunch turned out good anyway. I was able to "save" a few puzzle pieces from total ruin.



I know it's only day 3 of school, but I'm LOVIN' the Laptop Lunch boxes. (Purchased from THIS seller on E-Bay when she was having a pretty decent sale.) It really doesn't make lunch prep any harder... mostly I just throw in leftovers from the night before. Except for today's lunch. We didn't have any leftovers because my dinner plans were foiled.

I've been trying to make something in the crockpot at least once a week - just for an "easy" cooking day. (That compiled with the fact that Brian is back in school and hardly has a moment to breathe, let alone eat... I figure if I can have something ready to go he can snarf it down in his 2 minutes home...)

I was really excited about a new recipe, and had all my ingredients thrown in the crockpot by 11:00 AM.

And then the power went out.

Until 5:20 PM.

So, today's lunch was some (boxed) noodles (I'm sad to admit that I had some pasta-roni... but hey, it came in handy...), celery sticks with ranch dressing to dip, strawberry jello jigglers and garlic bread. Oh! And 100% juice Capri Sun as well. Can't forget the drink, duh!


The boys have been eating most all of their lunch every day. Taylor had school lunch quite a bit last year, and I have a feeling I paid for him to eat practically nothing. He always came home STARVING.

Good investment! And I know what my kids are eating!!! (I remember "taco dogs" when I had school lunch... seriously, it was a hot dog in a taco shell. Nothing on it. That's just WRONG!)

4 comments:

Richelle Gailey said...

I am just totally and thoroughly in aw at you. You are like wonderwoman! You totally can tell you love your kids, you miss them when they are gone, and...you make sure they eat a fully nutritious lunch! Wow. I'm completely impressed. What the heck is wrong with me???

Heidi said...

Oh, you're too sweet... You would NOT call me "wonderwoman" if you saw my messy, messy house! I can't handle it all! I'm on the verge of a breakdown practically every moment! I only post the "good stuff" on here!!! LOL

Becky, yep said...

Those containers are so great! I'm gonna check them out tonight!
they're very eco-friendly!

and taco dogs?@?!? YUCK!

tren said...

Taco dogs?! Ewww!! I make my kiddoes lunches from home, too. I think they're yummier and more nutritious. Plus, they hardly have time to eat, so school lunches would be wasted, whereas lunch from home becomes their after school snack.