Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's nice and quiet...

Everyone is still in bed this morning. Sometimes it's nice to wake up before everyone and just be alone in the house!

We are still having really rough nights here. Reagan was doing a bit better at sleeping about a month ago, but she is back into her normal routine of getting up all night long, recently about 6 times a night. It's exhausting!

Having Brian sleep with her in her own bed proved to be difficult, and the results were less than fabulous. Especially with his early morning work schedule and then school at night.

Nursing her ALL THE TIME has really been weighing on me the last week or so. It crossed my mind to try and stop cold turkey. (Hey! I need some sleep!!!) But then I read THIS post over on my friend Kerry's blog, and realized that our time is really short. Since she's the last baby in our family, I'll never have this opportunity again. Besides... Jordan and Madison stopped nursing around 20 months, and that's just 4 months away!

So, I'm looking at it all differently now. I'm really going to cherish every little moment I have with her that she WANTS to be with me! I'm going to gaze in her big blue eyes, stroke her bushy hair and play with her chubby little toes. All too soon, she'll gain her independence, and I'll be a thing of the past! She'll realize (like everyone else in this family) that DAD is the cool one to be around! :)

4 comments:

Lena said...

THat's a great thought. It's hard to remember that all night though! Joseph is doing the same things to me. Crazy babies. They ARE cute though. I am really sad that they grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

I had to wean Nicole early due to a medication I had to take, and I cried my eyes out. The joy of nursing is something I am glad I got to experience. She is 7 now and still needs me to lay with her in her bed at night until she is asleep. Like you, I know that this time with her is fleeting and that soon enough I will not be her snuggy-mommy, so I enjoy every nuzzle and cuddle.

Anonymous said...

(hugs) Heidi! I am glad that my post helped you. I know it is hard when you are up all night, but these nursing times really are special. It will all be behind you before you know it. I can't believe that my nursing days are over :-(

frugalmom said...

I know that our situations are entirely different but Allison was nursing a lot at night until a week ago. She came to my bed and wanted to nurse but I told her no. Surprisingly, she didn't fight me that much and was content to snuggle. So for 8 days now, she comes into my bed sometime in the wee hours and cries once when I tell her no but then snuggles with me. I never thought the day would come that she'd quit nursing at night.