Monday, January 22, 2007

From zero to snot in 15 seconds.

I decided to try and do something "domestic" around the house this morning since I've done *SQUAT* since Reagan has been sick. I put Reagan in her Bumbo Seat and proceeded to unload the dishwasher. I cleaned her all up before I put her in - and 15 seconds later, her little mug is covered again in baby snot. UGH. How can something so tiny produce so much *gross stuff*?

I have people asking how she's doing. To be honest? I don't know. She's coughing like mad still, and as mentioned has entirely too much mucus, but I don't think she's wheezing as much. I'd say we're in the middle of the RSV. It can last anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks, and I'd rather we were over it in ONE... so if she's in the middle of all this junk, then we only have until Wednesday/Thursday left... I can dream, right?

Taylor had a Baptism fireside last night since he'll be baptised in May. I've looked forward to going with him for about a month now. I felt so bad that I needed to stay home with Reagan. Brian took him and they had a great time - I feel like I'm missing out on all sorts of stuff right now though. *I* want to be the one taking him to things like that! *I* want to co-op at preschool with Jordan. I hope my kids don't look back later and say "well, she spent time with me until the baby came along". UGH.

So, a few days ago at breakfast, Madison was BORED and made this lovely creation. We're calling it "Loch Ness Pancake". She doesn't know what the Loch Ness Monster is, but got a kick out of us laughing at the likeness of it.

Okay. I'm putting Reagan down and taking out the trash now. I haven't stepped foot out of this house since Wednesday, and a trip over to the garbage can almost sounds like heaven. Hopefully I don't get too much of a taste of freedom... I may just run screaming and jumping for joy down the street to be out of the house for a moment. Don't worry. I'll come back.

I think.


Amanda: The Lucky Wife & Mom said...

My oldest little boy had RSV when he was 5 months. I can remember him wheezing so bad that he could barely breathe. It was horrifying! Luckily we were able to keep him out of the hospital and we just did those nebulizer breathing treatments at home which helped out a lot. Though, staying indoors for what seemed like forever and a day, was tough too!

Good Luck!

QueenMeadow said...

I hope the trip outside was fun :)

Being housebound is always hard. I hope things start getting better, fast!