Friday, January 19, 2007

Brian sleeps in another room

Nope. We're not fighting. (yeah... I know you all were worried... we fight so often... lol)

Reagan has RSV. She's getting a bit worse too. I can't tell you how much I want to avoid a hospital stay. It is the saddest thing to hear a little baby cough and wheeze at 3 months old!

Anyway, with all the coughing and hacking and fussing, Brian decided to sleep with Madison and HER coughing and hacking and fussing. I think I have the better end of the deal - king size bed with a 3 month old while he shares a twin size bed with a 3 year old... ;)

I'm worried about Reagan, but she's been a trooper. I'm not sure how many more days I can go with 2 hours of sleep at night, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep her comfy and feeling better. Besides, my mom is taking the three oldest kids tonight for the weekend, so I should be able to fall asleep whenever Reagan does during the day on Saturday.

So - kind of icky that she ends up with this. The first thing our dr said was "she won't sleep well". Duh. She doesn't sleep well anyway. He says: "Keep her elevated while she sleeps - put her mattress on an incline". Duh. She co-sleeps with us. My mattress doesn't "prop up". He says "let her sleep in her car seat then". DUH! She *hates* the car seat (to put it mildly). She screams whenever we put her in it to go anywhere. He says: "She'll stop breastfeeding well". GREAT. After MONTHS of persuading her to eat and FINALLY having her not fall asleep after 2 seconds, she's going to stop eating and will be back in all her old habits. She's even been gaining weight! She's up to 10 lbs 12 oz. Anyway, we'll see how this all goes this weekend.

(And pardon the ramblings... it *is* 4:30 in the AM and I'm just a tad bit sleep deprived. SLEEPING with the 3 year old on a small mattress is starting to sound okay.... )

2 comments:

Lena said...

I'm so glad you're getting help with the other kids this weekend. Sleep will be wonderful to catch when you get the chance. I hope she starts improving soon and you can avoid a hospital stay. Even if she does stop nursing well, it may just be while she is sick and she'll get right back into things afterwards.

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for having help with the older kids. I hope you are able to catch up on some sleep.

And I really hope that it starts to get better, soon!