Friday, January 04, 2008

Before I forget

Mornings seem to be okay around here despite the fact that Brian leaves at o'dark thirty in the morning. It was really nice back in the day when he was here to help make sure everyone was on task and getting ready for school. I was worried with his new schedule that things would go crazy around here, but we're doing great!

Jordan had a bit of a melt down this morning because I wouldn't let him wear his monkey shirt to school. (We have a family rule that we wear shirts with collars/buttons, not tee-shirts and especially not shirts that are "printed"... we want the kids to look nice for school - look and be respectful. It's been our rule since Taylor was in kindergarten.) Jordan knows the rules, but he is questioning them. Taylor never has - he just follows the rules. Jordan wants to know why it's so bad to wear a monkey shirt to school. I told him if he wore the monkey shirt, he might ACT like a monkey, and we need to have good behavior at school. The tears continued to flow all through breakfast, but we finally compromised and he'll be able to wear the monkey shirt for "field day" at the end of the school year. Hey... if that's as much stress as I'm going to have in the morning though, I'll take it!

Now that the boys were happy and on the way to their bus stop, Madison decided to look at her preschool class photo. She started naming everyone who is "mean" in her class. I told her that they didn't try to be mean, they were just learning.

"Well, they're still mean" says she. "And Jayden calls me a GIRL".
"Well.... you ARE a girl" I say.
"But I'm not ONLY a Girl... I'm MADISON"

You go girl....er, Madison. That's the spirit! You're NOT "only a girl"... you have a very strong identity and personality. We know. We live with it every day. And wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Photos later when I actually find the camera!

2 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Lovin' that Madison.

As for Jordan, how 'bout wearing the monkey shirt UNDER a collared shirt? eh?

QueenMeadow said...

Way to compromise, Mom, that's awesome :).

Madison must be Ian's twin, he does the same thing, except he's 5 and in kindergarten and tells everyone they are mean to their faces, lol.