Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Contestant

Brian has been riding his bike to work for the past several weeks. Since he gets home in the late afternoon, the weather for his ride home is generally HOT. He just has to take a few moments to 'cool down' and become an active member of the family again.

On this particular day, I was outside hanging laundry. So he came out on the hammock to rest a bit. We were casually talking when out walks Madison with a curly hair blond wig on.

Madison whispering on the back porch to me: "Mom! Where's Dad?"

Me: "He's right out here on the hammock!"

Madison holding up a big, red, bozo the clown type wig: "I have this for him to wear. He's going to be my contestant."

Me, smiling and trying not to laugh at the same time: "I'm sure he'd LOVE to wear a big red wig to be your contestant!"

Madison giggles and runs off to the hammock: "Here Dad! You're my contestant!"





I don't really know what she needed a contestant for, but I thought it was so cute! :)

1 comments:

Becky, yep said...

She is a character...wigs and all!