Thursday, July 17, 2008

Canvas Bags

Had this fantastic idea to have the kids make their own canvas bags!

The paint was messy, but they are so happy with how their own little bags turned out.

Jordan's has an interesting story behind it.

I asked them all to please use a pencil and DRAW what they wanted to paint, before using the fabric paints.

Jordan was having a hard time with the fabric paint, and he asked me to help. There is a "weird" word in the middle of his bag, and I asked him what it said. (I thought maybe he was trying to write "bag" or something... It looks like "cod" and I couldn't figure it out.




He tells me: "Mom, it says "God". I want it on there so I'll never forget him."

So, in his little scribbles, I painted it in.






Glad they had fun... No more fabric paint for awhile though. ;)

3 comments:

Becky, yep said...

My good friend takes those to Disneyland with fabric pens for all the autographs each time they go! So cute...the options with them are endless!

Wendi said...

My sister gave my 8 year old a canvas bag and supplies for Christmas. I thought it was so clever! She had so much fun decorating it herself, and although it did kind of stress me out that I might get paint and glue all over my house, it turned out okay. Whew! And she loves it, it's her favorite bag.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I felt a little dumb posting that.

tiburon said...

Aww those are so cute!!