Thursday, September 20, 2007

Under Construction

So this is the closet that is in Madison's bedroom:




And this is what it looks like when you OPEN her closet door now:

Welcome, my friends, to the starting phase of my new master bedroom. Walking up the stairs:

Inside the bedroom:

Brian in the "master bath":

Storage area on the "upper half" of the roof - we'll access this from the stairway leading up to our bedroom. More storage... :drool:

So much for keeping the rest of the house clean. I think it's impossible in a construction zone.

Oh, and NO, we won't be walking up the stairs through the closet door forever. Eventually a wall will be removed and another wall put in where her closet is. But "for now", this is the way it goes. *winks*

Someone want to send me some sanity???

5 comments:

frugalmom said...

Fantastic! And Oh. My. Gosh. Is your house as dusty as mine?

Heidi said...

I don't think "dusty" is the right word. More like "filthy".

There isn't a "floor" up on top of the old roof yet, so gravel, tar and tar paper are stroon through the house. My living room carpet is gross.

It's one of those projects that I'm totally excited about, but there's SO much to be done, it just doesn't feel like we'll every live up there. LOL

If I have to deal with "dust" much longer though...

;)

QueenMeadow said...

I don't know how you are handling the "dust" I was going insane and I only had dust from a hallway and entry way floor, lol.

It is going to be so great, I'm so excited for you!!

Lena said...

Wow- that will be wonderful when it is done! I'd send you some sanity but I'm running a little low.

frugalmom said...

uh, if I'd said filthy, that would have made me look bad, right? I think disgusting squalor is a valid description for how things get around here. Luckily we got almost all the floors cleaned on Saturday. Only a day or two until it's "dusty" again! I would love to see the outside of your house and where the attic space fits in with everything else.