Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Catching up

My tree *IS* decorated.
Shopping is *almost* done.
House is a pig sty.

This week has been a tad bit stressful. *graphic content to follow*... Reagan has (had) a Labial Adhesion. Basically it was pretty bad too. She could only pee out of what was the size of a pin hole. We tried fixing the problem with an estrogen cream, but it didn't work and yesterday we had to take her in to have it opened. (Insert mommy fainting/dying/stressing out icon here.) Really... we tried to do everything to prevent this procedure. We were kind of left with no choice with the chance of not peeing, and the possibility of her having a UTI/bladder infection/kidney issue.

This was our first experience with any sort of "genital" surgery. Thankfully everything went well... Our dr is GREAT and he is at least smart enough to know that EMLA cream has to be left on for an hour before *cutting* (again, insert mommy fainting/dying/getting ready to vomit icon...) She did really well, and now HOPEFULLY we won't have to deal with a UTI. (She was on her way to one... was stopping herself from peeing because we guess it hurt... hard to get an 11 week old to tell you what's going on...)

We weighed her again too. Last week she was 9 lbs 3 oz. Yesterday she was 9 lbs 4 oz. I thought for sure I was going to hear the words: pump and supplement, you're week of *freedom* is OVER babe.... but our ped. thinks that she just goes in an up and down cycle of weight gain, so we're NOT supplementing. (HOORAY!) We'll just have another weight check in 2 weeks. (Gain baby, gain!)

I'm sort of feeling like I want to go to bed and hide under the covers. I'm tired. REALLY tired. But there's hope! Brian is coming home early today... (not many people buying/selling real estate during the holiday's ;) ) and I think I will totally run upstairs for a nap!

Oh. One last thing. Madison asked me today what I wanted for Christmas. I said "hmmmm"... and before I could say anything else she said: "Okay, mommy wants a tape measure" and walked off. What kind of 2 yr old thinks of a tape measure for her mom? I'll tell you what kind of 2 yr old.... the same one that sat on Santa's lap and asked him for a flashlight. Man, she's crazy.... ;)

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Ouch! I hope she is feeling better soon!

QueenMeadow said...

Ouchie, poor baby.

Ian had to have the skin on his penis pulled back. He's a fatty and the skin folds got stuck together. That was not a fun time for me.

And my kids love tape measures. I'm glad they aren't the only ones ;)