Monday, November 02, 2009

Growing Up but hopefully not growing apart...

Ive been struggling recently with Taylor and Jordan's relationship. They've always been so good to each other. I mean... they have their moments... they are brothers after all. But recently, Taylor has been "seeking his independence" from his younger brother. And it hurts.



Of course it's mostly the complaint that Jordan "hangs around" Taylor too much. But Taylor is such a great kid and Jordan just wants to follow. I don't want to force them to have a perfect relationship, but I can't seem to not involve myself either.

It's hard to watch them grow up, hoping they don't grow apart.


Meanwhile, I love these kiddos more than anything! Even when they're at odds with each other, how can you help but not love them to pieces?


Taylor 10, Jordan *almost 8*, Reagan 3, and Madison 5

5 comments:

Erin said...

My sister and I had our ups and downs growing up 3 years apart. We are now best friends!

Emily said...

I totally understand what you are saying. April is having the same problem with Taylee. They have always been best of friends, but lately April feels like Taylee is invading her space. It breaks my heart too. I try to remind April that Taylee will always be her sister. Please be kind, be open minded, and just show her the love that you hope to feel from others. I respect that April is getting older, and I understand that there is a 3 year gap... but PLEASE stay close. I don't have any advice... but I'll keep checking on other comments as I am in the same boat!

HeidiT said...

Kieren and Eavan have the same problems with their 5 year gap. It definatly helps if I respect Kierens wishes and try to give her alone time once in a while. We have a portable DVD player and I'll set her up on our bed with a movie of her choice and some popcorn or something. (yes you'll have to brush the crumbs out of your bed. lol) and then it seems that she isn't as frusterated with Eavan as much or as often.
We also try to do outings once a month or so where one of us takes one of the girls out by herself for some fun time even if it's just a trip to McDonalds for an ice cream cone and time to play in the play land.

((Hugs!))

HeidiT

Jeanette said...

You have the cutest little family! I can't believe how grown up your guys are, crazy!!

tiburon said...

Your family is stunning. I hear you on the issues - Ethan and Avery have their fair share - I just hope they get closer as adults :)